Monday, November 08, 2004

Doctor Visit

Today I went to the doctor here in Hong Kong for the first time. I needed to get a Hong Kong prescription for my medication, so I got a referral from another expat lady here. It was such a great experience. First of all, you don't need insurance. It is affordable to pay for the doctor consultation and medicine even without being covered. Second of all, I called up today to make an appointment and they told me to come in 2 hours. How great is that? I am not sure if I just got lucky with a good doctor or what...Dr. Cheung spent alot of time with me, and didn't make me feel rushed at all. He spent alot of time figuring out what the Hong Kong brand names were for the prescriptions I needed and asked me about my situation in Hong Kong. Of course, the cholesterol medicine I take lead him to ask about my family history, and then to talking about my father, and then of course I am sure you can tell what the result was. I started crying and crying, but the doctor was very nice and referred me to a counselor. Then he gave me 50% off of the price of my visit that day. He carried my prescriptions to the pharmacy for me, gave me his business card and said, very sincerely, that if I ever needed anything that I should call him. I feel very lucky that I was referred to such a kind person, and it is when things like that happen that you realize that there alot of very good people in this world. I really can't imagine a doctor acting like that in the US. Maybe I just haven't had nice doctors in the past.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

huyfgjfu,

Anonymous said...

i'm limon i'm a student last 9 month i'm suffering from hepatites B virus. now i'm in staying bangladesh. hear's dr: mobin khan suggestme some pethologiacl tes. what can i do? now