Sunday, September 05, 2004

Getting Started

Today is my first day as a blogger and my third day as a Hong Kong resident. I have the worst jet lag that I have ever had...I used to think that I was immune to jet lag but these past few trips back and forth to the US have really hit me hard. I think that it is a combination of stress and the knowledge that I have do alot of stuff in the near future that I really, Really don't want to have to deal with. Hopefully I will overcome the jet lag soon so I can start enjoying Hong Kong and stop irritating Matt.

Even though I have only been here three days Matt and I have gotten alot of stuff done. I have a cell phone now, we figured out how to set up long distance service and most importantly, we got our feet massaged. We went to a place down in Wan Chai called Tibet Spa or something like that, and had the foot reflexology massage which was fabulous. It lasted 50 minutes and it was well worth the 20US dollars that it cost. Two spots on my feet were extremely painful when the masseuse touched them, and he pointed to the spots on the reflexology diagram and both spots corresponded to my uterus! I am a little concerned but I figure this warrants more foot massages in the future to monitor my condition.

This morning for breakfast Matt made the yummiest, most perfect omelet ever for me and I ate a Dragon Fruit with it. I picked it out at the grocery store because it was so bizarre looking: it is large and pink with green bristle type things. When I cut it open it looked like cookies and cream inside and I ate it with a spoon. I was sort of disappointed with the taste cause it wasn't sweet at all, and I love everything to be sweet. It was cool and crisp tasting though so it might be good to eat on a hot and humid day.


1 comment:

XOXO me said...

That's really cool... Looks like it would be a yummy thing to eat.