Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Chokhi Dhani


Meagan, Brenda and Mary eating the Rajasthani food.

Brenda and Meagan on the elephant...it was scarier than I thought it would be!

Meagan with the bhindi that they put on you as you enter.
Outside of Jaipur, there is a fake Rajasthani village called Chokhi Dhani that tourists and locals visit to see traditional dancing, food and handicrafts. It was a lot of fun! I had my fortune told and they guy said that I would have a very happy life but would have health problems and would run into money trouble for 5 years at the age of 40. Hmmm....that doesn't sound good!

One of the best parts was the Rajasthani meal that was included with the ticket...we were fed a huge meal on little plates and bowls made of banana leaves. It was very interesting...Rajasthani cuisine is unique. There were lots of dished that were sort of on the sweet side, and lots of fried dough ball type things.

This video is pretty hilarious because you can hear the fear in my voice. Elephants are scary to ride because they are so high up! Also, the little boy driving it was whipping it so much I felt bad...if I were that elephant, I would probably go crazy and charge and get the small boy off my back...