Thursday, February 22, 2007

Golconda Fort

Matt wrote our initials on the wall. Yes, I know it is an ancient monument...but it was just sandstone so I think it will rub off soon.
This is me right after Matt proposed. I felt realy weird at this point, like I wasn't sure what to do with myself. Matt was like, "Let's take a picture". I thought, "Um, ok, I guess I will go over to the edge" but I felt really awkward standing there. Also, all of the muslims were being called to prayer at this point and the sound was eery.








While we were in India, Matt proposed to me. He did it at Golconda Fort, and I was completely surprised. I really had no idea that it was about to happen. Even while he was proposing, I was thinking, "Is he proposing?" It just didn't seem real. But it was, and now we are engaged! Yay! I definitely feel ready to be marred to Matt...I guess after 7 years, you had better feel like that, otherwise something is seriously wrong!




We went to Golconda Fort at twilight, and it was really pretty. We took a three wheeler to get there, and had to drive through all sorts of narrow, twisty lanes to get to the fort, so when we got inside the fort it seemed extremely calm and peaceful. Everything looked very romantic because it was twilight. The funny thing is that right after Matt proposed, all of the muslims in Hyderabad were called to prayer by their muezim (I think that is what they are called), and it was a really eery sound to hear them all at once. We have a video of it with sound on youtube. If you can't get it from that link, you can go to youtube.com and search "mlmassey".


At night they have a light show at the fort, and it was sort of pretty at first, but I was getting eaten alive by mosquitoes! And, it was long and sort of boring because it went through all og the history of the mughals and everything. Obviously, this was not the most exciting part of the night.


Also, I don't have a ring yet because Matt thought I would be too picky about what he would choose...I guess he is probably right about that, but it is sort of sad that he is scared of picking something for me! Anyway, I just added this part because I know when you get engaged everyone always wants to see your ring.