Sunday, February 25, 2007

Banana Leaf Lunch after the Groom is Prepared

After the Srikanth was officially "prepared" to be a groom, there was a yummy delicious lunch served on a banana leaf. It was delicious. We ate lunch in the traditional way: no silverware and sitting on the ground. Matt and I are usually very enthusiastic about doing things the traditional or local way. However, in this case, doing things the traditional way conflicted with the famous Indian hospitality. To me, it was hilarious. As Matt's future wife, I should probably be a little bit more sensitive, but I just can't help but laugh!
Basically, Matt is probably the stiffest person on the earth. It comes from the Massey family genes, his love of soccer, his tight pants, and his refusal to come with me to yoga class. Apparently, according to Marti, Matt had stiff legs even as an infant.
As you can see from the picture above, Matt can't sit cross-legged. Being the good sport that he is, Matt was willing to put up with the discomfort in order to eat with the family. However, Srikanth's family was appalled by the site of Matt sitting in that weird way, with his knees up to his chin. I myself felt uncomfortable just sitting next him! Matt kept insisting, and still insists to this day, that he is not uncomfortable sitting cross legged. It is hard to believe that, but whatever.

Srikanth's dad insisted that Matt move to his own table behind the family. I decided that I didn't want Matt to sit alone, so I moved back to sit with him. Then Srikanth's dad and I got into a discussion about Matt's tight trousers and how he needs to do yoga. Haha! I couldn't stop giggling. I am a horrible girlfriend. I wasn't giggling in a mean way, it just looked funny and I couldn't stop, especially as Srikanth's dad kept going on about the tight trousers.
Matt did much better with eating the lunch though...I hate eating with my hands and so I asked for a fork. How un-festive of me!
On another note, just to embarrass Matt further, I think he looks really cute in these pictures!

3 comments:

Janet said...

Why did he make Matt sit alone? Just cuz of the tight pants?

The Massey Family said...

Because he thought Matt was uncomfortable sitting on the ground! I think he did look extremely uncomfortable, he almost made me uncomfortable just looking at him. But he swears he was perfectly comfortable on the ground! :)

Unknown said...

nike trainers
fitflops sale clearance
cheap nike shoes sale
longchamp handbags
snapbacks wholesale
coach outlet
coach outlet
hugo boss
longchamp outlet
christian louboutin shoes