Saturday, October 14, 2006

Atlanta



This is a funny picture of Matt and Ana...they look like little kids!



Last weekend Matt and I flew down to Atlanta to visit his sister Ana and her boyfriend Dave. Matt's older brother Sam was also visiting, so it was like a family reunion! We had a good time and we like Atlanta alot, especially the weather. It is a lot warmer there than it is here! It actually reminded me of California alot because it seemed permanently sunny and you have to drive everywhere and there is traffic.


The first night we went out to a good southern dinner and then went to hear some blues music. It was amazing...the musicians were really talented and they were just jamming, there didn't seem to be any preset plan of what they were going to do. People from the audience would get up and sing or play the washboard. It was a lot of fun. Poor Dave had to drive everyone around...it reminds me what it is like to be in a car city again!


The next day we went to brunch and lazed around all day and the day after that Ana took us to a state park. It was a beautiful hike, and Matt and Ana went swimming in the river. I admit, I thought it was too cold and didn't go in! I know, I am wimp...I guess I take after my Mom, she never used to swim when I was little. Of course, now she swims all the time, no problem. Maybe when I am older I will be able to withstand the cold better! I definitely not very similar to the Massey family...they seem to jump in the water anytime, anywhere.

No comments: