Tuesday, October 17, 2006




Last weekend, Matt and I went on a last minute trip up to New Hampshire to see the fall foliage. It was sort of late in the season, but there were still lots of trees with bright leaves on them. It was gorgeous! It was a 2 and a half hour drive up to North Conway, but we didn't mind cause we were in Matt's new car. (I should say that I didn't mind...Matt was the one that had to do all the driving. We both love the car though...I highly recommend the Mazda Six!)

We stayed at a Bed and Breakfast that was really expensive cause it was a last minute booking. On Friday night I called a few places and everything was booked, and then the Whitney Inn said they had one room left so I took it...I should have waited cause when we got up there we saw tons of vacancies at little roadside motels. Our place was OK though, and it is always fun eating breakfast at a B and B.

It was lots of fun to drive around the valley, especially on Bear Notch Road and the Kancamagus Highway. We stopped and did little hikes along the way, and hiked Flume Gorge. It was really pretty hiking through the leaves. The light filters through them and the forest is bathed in a warm golden glow. Also, it is fun to hike when you can hear the leaves crunching underneath your shoes. Another good thing about Fall in New England is the weather...it changes a lot, and I always seem to be wearing the wrong thing for the tempurature, but on a good day the air is cold and crisp and it is perfectly clear and sunny. It was perfect hiking weather.

The food in the area was very good...in the afternoon we stopped at a place that made fresh apple cider donuts. Mmm...they were good but really oily. Matt liked it. There were roadstands everywhere selling pumpkins, squash and apples.

The only drawback was that things were expensive! The apples from the roadside stand cost more than apples at the grocery store near my house. So much for New Hampshire being cheap!

The leaves were nice and I am glad we went, but if I had to choose between a weekend at a B and B in Napa and a weekend at a B and B in New Hampshire, I would pick Napa. California still rules!

3 comments:

Janet said...

Nice looking car--I bet you will enjoy having it up there also...

takealetter said...

Taking the New England tour by car is a goal of ours...someday! I will have to enjoy it by proxy through you for now...it does look incredible. Congrats to you both on school, jobs and car. Wow! School sounds exciting, especially since you get to use your mandarin...you are just amazing!

chenlina said...

bengals jerseys
ray bans uk
ray ban sunglasses
replica rolex watches
michael kors handbags
coach factory outlet
michael kors canada
michael kors outlet
ugg boots
ed hardy clothing
chenlina20170412