Saturday, September 09, 2006

Things we have been doing in Boston


We went to the Museum of Science to see Body Worlds. It was so amazing! I highly recommend it to anyone...basically a doctor in Germany uses donated bodies create "muscle skeletons", if tht makes sense. He also had various cross sections of the body on display. It is sad to know what my arteries probably look like, with all of my cholesterol pumping through them building up plaque...The picture of the brain is not from the exhibit, that is my brain, complete with gaping hole.


We went on a tour of Harvard, or "Hahvahd" as our tour guides liked to say. The tour was led by two Harvard seniors trying to run an unofficial tour of Harvard and Harvard is not happy. It was pretty good but very long. We learned something interesting: 92% of Cambridge residents voted for Kerry in the last presidential election. Wow.


We went to Mike's Pastry in the North End. This cannolli was WAY TOO SWEET! It almost burned my taste buds off. I guess Italians like it like that?


We went to the Farmer's Market in Union Square. It was SO MUCH FUN! I love farmer's markets...this one had a band and lots of art for sale and, of course, produce. I like Union Square, it feels fun and funky...less upscale than Cambridge. This picture is of the gorgeous Paula apples for sale. I had never seen them before, and they looked beautiful, so I bought them. Unfortunately, to me they didn't taste as good as they looked! Very tart and the texture wasn't as crisp as I like. I prefer Granny Smith if I want a tart apple.


We went on a boat to the USS Constitution. The boat ride was fun, and going on the ship was free. I hate to say it, but Hong Kong definitely beats Boston in terms of the beauty of the harbor.

No comments: