Saturday, September 09, 2006

School!


I am in school again! This is a picture of me going to my Orientation. Yes, I have funny blue shoes on. My orientation was the day our stuff arrived to Boston, so I only had the clothes I wore in China and with my family this summer. SO, this was the best I could come up with...

Weirdly, I am totally intimidated by going back to school, even though I know it is silly and I have nothing to be worried about...I feel better now that I have been to my classes. I think it is going to be more work than I expected, but that is ok cause I am really excited to be in school and I love my classes. I am happy cause the fact that I love my classes so much means that I am doing the right thing by going back to school. All of my classes are interesting: epidemiology, occupational and environmental health, public health policy and nutrition. My favorite class so far is the public health policy course. I thought environmental health would be less interesting but I actually loved it...Nutrition is going to be interesting but a lot of it is going to be a review. My science background will definitely come in handy...maybe my year of organic chemistry will not go to waste.

I won't bore anyone with the details of my classes...the only problem is that I wish I could just be in school and not have to work. But, now that I am back in the US, there are no excuses for not working! I am going to wait until after our apartment is settled to start looking for work.

1 comment:

Janet said...

You look so smart and pretty--enjoy!