Monday, November 28, 2005

I missed another one!

While I was in Hong Kong, Matt's mom sent us some pictures from my friend Emily's wedding. Emily is a really close friend of both Matt and I. She is the little sister of one of Matt's best and oldest friends, and they have known eachother forever. Emily was my college roommate and close friend. Emily is also the link between Matt and I...If I hadn't met her I wouldn't have met him. For all of these reasons, and because I think Emily the most similar person to the buddha that I have ever met in my entire life, I was devastated to miss her wedding. Matt was too.

So when Matt's mom sent us the pictures, which was very nice of her, and I saw all of Matt's and my old friends laughing and frolicking around, I started crying! It as early in the morning, Matt was getting ready for work, and I think he was highly annoyed with me. He said, "Yeah, I feel bad too" in a very terse voice. Along with being sad about missing the wedding, I was also sad about all my old friends...people that are so important to me, that look alot older and that I am losing touch with. I know that is a natural progression of life...people come into your life and out of your life, it is natural...but it is more than just old college friends. I get the same feeling when I get pictures of my sisters from Rohit and my Mom. I love my friends in Hong Kong too...but they will all be leaving soon too. Kelly goes back to New York next January, and our other friends leave in April, other ones leave in May...Audrey leaves Beijing in a week to travel around the world...I know I have my whole life to be stable, but sometimes I feel like everything is so shaky, like quicksand. But then I worry I will be extremely bored if things ever slow down for me. I think too much! I am working on trying not to think as much.

I will stop my rambling now...Emily, you looked gorgeous and we are so sad we missed your wedding. I can't wait to get to know Kyle better in the future and I can't wait till Matt and I see you again. We will definitely be back in the US before May, so hopefully we will see you then. Congratulations! Your wedding looked like so much fun!

***(As a side note, it probably seems like I cry a lot. I don't. Sometimes I do cry though and I am not ashamed. It has been a hectic year and a half, I am entitled to some emotions, right?)


Emily and Kyle Posted by Picasa


Ann and Liz, my old roommates! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Janet said...

Being able to respond to your feelings with tears is a blessing. Otherwise it becomes a habit to hide your feelings. Enjoy.