Friday, August 01, 2008

India, Again


So...here I am....in Chennai again. It's only been a few days, but I am already very lonely! It is pathetic...when I was in India in Jne I was so excited to arrive, and then only got lonely towards the end of the trip. This time, I have been lonely since the moment Matt dropped me off at the airport. I talk to Matt twice a day, which is nice, but in a way it makes it worse! I think part of the problem is that because of the problems with the project, I am not able to useit for my thesis, and the project is even more delayed than it was originally, so I don't have much to do at all. But while I am not doing a lot of work, I am not exactly free to go anywhere or travel. Hmmm.... I am amazed by people that go into the peac corps. One of my friends was in the Dominican Republic for 2 years in a small village, without electricity and not much to do. She said she learned how to "do nothing" and enjoy the slow pace of life. I think that is amazing!

Tomorrow I am heading down to Auroville, then down to Nagapattinam. Hopefully I will begin some field work soon after I get to Nagapattinam so that I feel productive!

Another thing about being here the second time around is that I don't seem as inspired to take pictures...so my blog may not be that interesting for the next month!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

meagan~
i hope you are having a productive time in india...
still love your blog, even without the pictures!!
tracy xxoo