Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Dad's Death Day

Well, Dad's death anniversary came and went this year. I was sick, sick, sick...I blame it on too much work, not enough play, and lots of bad Boston weather! To commemorate this sad anniversary, Matt and I drove out to the coast and put a moratorium on all work...I also treated myself (with mom's help) to a plane ticket home to visit my mom and to attend my cousin Brieanne's wedding. (Of course, this decision came after about 5 phone calls to my mom, sobbing and wondering what to do. Poor mom! She has five girls so I am sure she will see her fair share of sobbing women. Although, no one in my family is as emotional as I am...I am freak of the family in more ways than one.)



I love this photo of Dad because it reminds me of all of the times we went camping together. This photo was taken on one of his trips down to South America, and I am grateful to whoever took it because we don't really have any picturs of him from our camping trips---he was always the photographer.

2 comments:

takealetter said...

I hadn't seen that picture before...it's a good one. I'm glad you got to go home! YOU are not a freak either! Don't be embarrassed by your feelings, it is much better to express them than hide them!

Linda said...

I have not seen that picture before. It would be great if maybe some day when you had more time, you could post some more of his pictures on his web site (or something) so that we could all see more of his pictures. Thanks for sharing. It is certainly understandable for you to be extra emotional on these days. I'm sure your dad is aware of you and is very proud of you and your accomplishments and the beautiful young woman that you are. I know that I am!