Monday, November 27, 2006

Montreal





For Thanksgiving, Matt and I went to Montreal. I was sad to miss a traditional Thanksgiving dinner (especially because we are back in the US now) but we had a great time in Montreal. It is such a cool city! I loved it, and I already am planningour next trip back. It is the kind of city that almost make me looke forward to winter...all the chic montreal women had beautiful boots and coats, and there were little coffee shops and cafes everywhere that you could sit and warm yourself and drink hot drinks and eat french pastries. It was so much fun!


I really felt like I was in a different country. Every one spoke French, but the beauty is that they also spoke English. So convenient! Also, no inconvenient jet lag! There were moules and frites offered on the menu everywhere, so it was like heaven for me because moules mariniere is one of my all time favorite dishes.



It was fun to be back in a place where mst people speak a different language and the street signs and menus are in a different language. Despite taking three years of French in high school, my French accent is HORRIBLE and I remember nothing. I think you really have to practice a language with native speakers to cement it in your brain.

There were cool old buildings everywhere and lots of churches. It was so much fun!

1 comment:

Janet said...

There's some food I have never heard of--moules and frites???? Not that I need any more food to like...