Saturday, January 28, 2006

The Masseys Come to Hong Kong!

The Masseys are in Hong Kong! Matt's parents flew in on Friday night, and sadly, Matt and I were almost an hour late to pick them up! Their flight got in early and there were no lines in customs...we had calculated that it would take them at least a half an hour to get through customs...oops!

Saturday morning we took them to dim sum. Because it is Chinese New Year, there was absolutely no wait. Unbelievable! Usually it is at least an hour wait on the weekends. Central Hong Kong feels sort of eerie right now because it is deserted...everyone (or at least all the expats)has left for Chinese New Year. It works out well for us because Matt has time off work, and I have time off school, so we can stay home and hang out with Marti and Liam.

After dim sum, we headed over to Victoria Park, where we heard there was a New Year's market with lots of flowers and Chinese New Years presents and gifts to buy. The market was extrememly crowded.

I was amazed because the Masseys seem to have no jet lag. I was more tird by the end of the day than they were!



The Masseys arrive in Hong Kong



Marti and Liam with a Chinese New Year statue in Hong Kong Park



Eating Dim Sum at City Hall



The Chinese New Year Market in Victoria Park

1 comment:

takealetter said...

I don't get here very often, but I love looking through the pictures and living by proxy in Hong Kong. I wish I could come visit you!