Friday, December 30, 2005

Snorkeling

The next day we went on a snorkeling trip set up by the guy we had met at the ferry terminal. It was a lot of fun! You are definitely guaranteed a good day if you go out on a boat and go snorkeling. On the same boat were two guys that live in Hong Kong, some English teachers from Saigon, some people from Beijing, and some Germans. (Of course Germans...you can't go anywhere in Asia without running into some Germans on holiday.)

There was one scary moment where I was pulled by the current away from the boat and around a small island. I really felt the strength of the ocean! It was amazing! Good thing I was wearing my flourescent yellow bathing suit at the time...that way they could see me if I needed to be rescued! Haha! I vowed to wear that bathing suit on all future snorkeling trips.

The snorkeling was a lot of fun, but not half as scenic or beautiful as snorkeling in Thailand or the Philippines. (Okay! I will stop comparing Vietnam to other countries!)



Matt in the water



Secluded Beach

No comments: