Thursday, December 08, 2005

My Best Friend has Crashed!

I am so bummed...my lap top has crashed! It has been making weird sounds and doing weird things for quite a while now, but last night it finally died. (This means no more pictures on my blog till I have my computer working...) I am going to bring it to Matt and hopefully he can fix it. Luckily, we will see eachother tomorrow! We are meeting up in Shanghai for the weekend to celebrate the birthday of my friends Kelly and Mel. A bunch of Hong Kongers are coming and it is going to be wonderful. We are staying at the same hotel, and I think it is a nice one. I am just hoping the weather will be a little bit warmer. Beijing is SOOO cold now, and windy. The wind is like a blast of icy knives on my face when I ride my bike to school. (I am not sure if that is possible..."a blast of icy knives"? Well, that is what it feels like!)

In other news, Matt and I have finally confirmed (after much indecision on my part) to go to Vietnam for Christmas. Woohoo! The sun, the beach, the pho! I am dreaming about it every day...it is only 2 weeks away! Yay! We are flying into Hanoi on the 23rd and then down to Ho Chi Minh City on the 27th. From there, we are travelling down to Phu Cuoc, which is supposed to be a deserted but absolutely gorgeous island with white sand beaches.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Do what I did--buy a new one. I am so happy with my new laptop--HP Pavilion--my Christmas gift to me. I was having so many problems--Love, Grandma