Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Break in Washington DC



This past week was my spring break, so Matt and I went to Washington DC. It is kind of a strange spring break choice, but my school was hosting an alumni networking event, so it seemed like a good time to see DC. Plus, Matt had never been to DC and he was about to leave on a long business trip to China. It was a good opportunity to treat ourselves to some time together.

We saw all of the obvious "Washington DC" sites...the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Memorial, the Capital Mall...but we we still have lots more to see! The weather was cold, but seemed great compared to Boston! Unfortunately I still had to wear my winter jacket...oh well!

After this trip, I am a firm believer in Hotwire. I booked out hotel through hotwire, and it was so cheap...like the price of Motel 6 in San Diego! Based on the price, I didn't know what to expect, but we ended up staying at the Omni Shoreham, and it was really nice. I felt like we were almost on a luxury vacation! The location was good too, right next to the metro and near Dupont Circle. We ate lots of good food while were there---Matt was like, "No wonder I am sucha fat turd!" Haha, he is not a fat turd actually, he just has the middle age belly thing going, which is sort of appropriate because he is about to turn 30. I don't feel bad saying this, cause he told me I should lose five pounds! (I do need to lose some weight; my clothes aren't fitting me! Maybe his words will be inspiration.)

No comments: