Friday, March 02, 2007

One More Party

As a thank you to all of their friends, Srikanth and Keerti had a cocktail party the day after their wedding. The reserved a private room at Touch (Keerti's aunt's nightclub) and invited all of their friends. I was exhausted, but it ended up being one of the most fun nights of our trip. By this time, we knew most of their friends quite well, so everything felt very comfortable.
The funny thing about Indian parties is that they serve a full meal at 5 in the morning. By that time, all I want is sleep! I got out my camera for this party, since it was the last one, and people sort of went crazy. Everyone was hamming it up for the camera. It was hilarious!

It is never good to see a picture of yourself dancing! Nevertheless, I have posted one of Matt and I here.

These are Srikanth's beautiful new wife and his sisters. Poor Keerti has to move in to Srikanth's family home with everyone! No matter how nice your in-laws are, that has got to be awkward at first. Srikanth's sisters are Extremely nice though, they were so welcoming and hospitable the whole time we were there.

They had a Brazilian dancer put on a little show during the party. She was an amazing dancer. What a crazy life she must lead, touring India dancing at nightclubs!
One of the most memorable parts of the night was when Srikanth took the microphone and announced to everybody that Matt and I were engaged. Everyone sort of went crazy and surrounded us and were toasting us and cheering. Then they made Matt and I dance in the middle of everyone. It was lots of fun! Also, weird that all of these random people in Huderabad knew we were engaged but none of our family did. I made them all promise to come to our wedding but I think it probably won't happen!
This trip to India was expensive and probably not the wisest decision, considering that Matt had to miss work and I had to miss school. However, I am SO glad that we went.





1 comment:

Janet said...

I liked your pix of you and Matt dancing and the kiss--you are very beautiful and Matt looks great, too. Beautiful couple--you surely have a fun,full life!