Sunday, June 19, 2005

Sisters

While I was staying at Mom's house, I got to spend lots of quality time with my sisters. I took Maya to get new school clothes, and it was fun to have a little shopping buddy! I also went with her and Mom to Office Depot to buy the kajillion school supplies that she needed for her new school, The Academy at Black Mountain. The school gave out a detailed and lengthy list of supplies needed, like 5 inch Fiskar Scissors, post-it notes, and numerous colors of high lighters. I don't remember needing that stuff for junior high! There was a crisis when the store did not carry a 2 inch three ring binder like the school requested. They only had 1.5 inches or 3 inches. Bummer! Maya and I went to get pedicures before her first day at her new school. She got cool blue polish with white flowers on her big toes.

I was glad to see that Marissa was her usual sunny, happy, cheerful and outgoing self. We went for walks and did yoga in the park. She is good, so flexible! Marissa was my frozen yogurt buddy, since we both like it alot. We also went ice skating a few times, which was really fun! Marissa and I also got pedicures, she got pink polish with white flowers.

Malini graduated kindergarten while I was in San Diego, which was really fun for me to see. I can't believe she is going to Country Montessori next year with her big sisters! Oh, they are all getting so old! Stop! Stop growing up so fast! Malini and I went swimming and I was really impressed by her amazing swimming skills. She is fearless on the diving board. I am glad that she is on a swim team with Marissa so that she can swim often. Malini and I also went to Nickel City, her favorite place, and to the bowling alley.

Makayla had her first day of school while I was in San Diego. For some reason she reminds me of me when I was little. I am not sure why, how could I possibly know what I was like when I was little? Anyway, she went off to school with noe problem, didn't cry or throw a tantrum or anything. I took her and Malini to Chuck E Cheese's and I am afraid that I scarred her for life....She was alone when Chuck E. Cheese came out to say hi to the kids. I was playing a game with Malini and was not really paying attention to Makayla. She was standing there frozen with terror, and then she starting wailing. I turned and saw her red face and saw her crying and thought she must have hurt herself. But no, it was just the sight of Chucky across the room that scared her. I felt soooo bad. She wouldn't even let me carry her by Chucky to get to the door to leave. We finally made it out of there and Makayla was sniffling and saying, "I never want to go to Chuck E Cheese's again...just Nickel City. Bad Chucky!" The poor girl! Chucky actually is sort of scary looking, when you look closely.


Meagan and Marissa after Ice Skating Posted by Picasa


Ice Skating Posted by Picasa


Makayla dressed for Fourth of July Posted by Picasa


Maya getting a pedicure Posted by Picasa


Malini and Makayla Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

XOXO me said...

How FUN! I always used to wish for a sister, but instead I got a 6' 4" hockey player brother...eh, it all works out. :) They do grow up so fast though, no matter what age they're at.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful girls!