Saturday, December 18, 2004

Skiing without Dad

Matt and I are in Utah now with the Hardy family. It is REALLY weird to be here without my dad. The first night I got really scared because the house was so quiet and his room was empty. I started crying and couldn't sleep that night. I thought I was alright after that because I was so excited to go skiing. But every single slope and every single lift have memories of my dad. I have been skiing there with him since I was 4, so that is 20 years of skiing. When I was strapping up my boots and putting on my skis, I started crying because I felt like I could literally SEE him there next to me, putting on his gloves after his strapped his boots. The crying left as soon as ti came, and I thought I would be ok after that. Throughout the day I would just start crying randomly. It is so weird to be here, skiing, and know that I will never ski here with Dad again. His memory saturates everything about this place. Then, I realized that I have memories of Grandpa Hardy from every slope and lift here too, and I started crying again cause I felt like everyone is dying and leaving me. It is completely irrational, I know, but that is how I felt. When we got off the slopes, I was feeling great, because despite my sadness, it was a gorgeous day and the snow was good and it is hard to stay sad with those sort of conditions. Then, I saw my Grandma and all my cousins as I was on my way to the hot tub and I broke down right there in the middle of the street with my bathing suit on. I was really bawling. It is going to be a hard week but I think it will be good for me to have to face the sadness. I am really glad Matt is here to make me feel like I have someone.

4 comments:

XOXO me said...

I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday, and travel safe, k?

Anonymous said...

Hi Meagan, its Garrett. Got your card; saw your website. We definitely have a lot to catch up on. Write me when you can: gschneid@uci.edu

jeje said...

yeezys
true religion jeans
basketball shoes
louboutin shoes
nike air force 1 low
lebron 14
adidas ultra boost
http://www.nikedunks.us.org
nike roshe one
kobe shoes

chenlina said...

giuseppe zanotti shoes
ray ban sunglasses
louis vuitton uk
chelsea jersey
ralph lauren
ray ban sunglasses
louis vuitton
calvin klein jeans
oakley sunglasses
polo ralph lauren
chenlina20170412