Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Food in the Philippines

While we weren't in the Philippines long enough to explore alot of the food in the Philippines, I think that aside from the Halo Halo, it isn't my type of food. It seemed like alot of sausages and pork products. The seafood that we ate was excellent, and I pretty much subsisted on grilled squid and pancakes for the entire trip! The grilled squid was so yummy, I kept trying to tell myself to order different things but I couldn't because I don't have many opportunities for squid here in Hong Kong. I noticed that there were alot more bread and sweet shops than I have noticed in other countries, and they sort of reminded me of the panaderias in Mexico. At one of the markets we went to, they were even making fresh donuts! The girl in the picture sold us these really yummy rice bun things. They were made of glutinous rice and coconut milk in a banana leaf that is then steamed. It was delicious.


Girl selling goodies Posted by Hello

No comments: