Saturday, January 13, 2007

Christmas in San Diego


Makayla

Marissa

Maya

Malini
This year I spent Christmas with my family in San Diego, while Matt spent it with his family in Eureka. I was really sad to spend Christmas away from Matt, but neither of us was willing to compromis this year, so this we just went our own way. I think it worked out for he best, because I think we were both missing our own family a lot.

I had a very relaxing time in San Diego, recuperating from my first semester at Tufts and my first 6 months back in the US. It is a lot more work living in the US. In Hong Kong, everything was so easy...taxis to drive you around, maids, people treating you like a queen, and lots of yummy restaurants. I think it has been a bigger adjustment moving back to the US than it was to move to Hong Kong. It is hard to believe that last year for Christmas Matt and I were in Vietnam!

Having a traditional Christmas was fun. I love waking up and getting a stocking. It is so fun! Mom made me a quilt by hand, so that was really nice. All my sisters were going crazy for the Nintendo DS things that they got. Even Makayla, who is only 4, was playing games and instant messaging with her sisters on the Nintendo.

No comments: